Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter 2012

Just some thoughts and prayers and wishing all a deeper understanding of our Lord's sacrifice for us

Agape Love

I have been thinking a lot about agape love lately and how essential it is in our lives if we are to follow Christ.

It is now the Easter season and one which I know reinforces the love we know that Christ has for us. It is a time that we reflect and think prayerfully of the ultimate sacrifice Christ paid for us . We are blessed to also rejoice in His resurrection and with grateful hearts we give thanks.

Christ I believe wants us to met Him on a deeper level than that of gratitude but one of entering into love for others that transcends “normal” understanding. A sacrificial love that affects not just the people around us but ourselves and our relationship with Christ. He wants us to meet Him in a place many will not go….we love and love greatly at times…and at others as soon as the pain gets to much retreat. Jesus in the garden even asks the Father if there is any other way please take this from me. Jesus knew just as many of us know that there is no other way but that doesn’t stop us from trying. We look for less painful ways to interact with each other and to assure us we are ok the way we are walking . We congregrate in small groups at church (that in itself not a bad thing) but we tend to enter into groups that have the same socio-economic class. We can justify what we are doing with our lives and finances because all the people around us are doing the same. Our churches can be that way too…how many people have gone church shopping until they find one where they “belong” again probably a same age group or class.


Many choose to take a step the other way…some of my supporters are in that category where they step out and engage with people outside their “norm” and I believe are finding that God has blessed them by allowing them to love deeper. We do a lot of great things in the name of Christ as Christians we support numerous charities and mission groups and volunteer at drop-ins and community centers ,teach ,disciple,visit hospitals and the elderly. Most people that do those things will attest that they get so much out of it and feel blessed to serve. Where is the anguish of loving completely when we receive more than we give.

Christ knew the real cost of love.

This Easter as the Lord is heavy on your heart maybe it is a time to ask Him….Father I know there is not another way…Father do not let me count the costs of loving ….Father I want to love like you love us….Father guide me with your tears to where you want me to serve…Father do not take away the pain of loving but let me understand the pain of my friends through it….Father for all the times it gets too hard let me instantly run to you and not away from my calling...…Father please!!... will you use me?

No comments:

Post a Comment