Friday, October 28, 2011

Reflections of a Fool for Christ - October update

This month has been such a meaningful month for me here in Cambodia. You see it was my Christian birthday this month on Oct 26th and I am simply amazed by our God. Four years ago I invited Jesus into my life and recognized Him as my Saviour.

The transformation He has done in my life is definitely not of this world but supernatural. There is so much more work to do in this sinner but knowing I can go to Him and cry out like David create in me a pure heart and that He will respond and point out my flaws and areas to work on. He does it with not an accusatory tone but one of love that He understands that I want a closer relationship with Him and is excited that my wants are to be more Christ-like and less Kevin-like.

He sends many brothers and sisters my way to help me in this process whom I love deeply for their sacrifices in helping me to understand God's desire to be closer to me. The fact that He loves me just the way I am but loves me enough that He wants me to experience a deeper bond with Him.

It has been a blessing to be forever reminded of my inadequacies to help so many people in need here in Cambodia. The limitations in my earthly strength to not go very far. But when I reach out to Him for His strength, for His wisdom, for His guidance and most importantly...for His will to be done amazing things happen .

I witnessed this month a little girl....precious and sweet..she always says hi kevin with a big huge smile everyday that I am at the village...she just received a house this month and while we were talking with her she told us..." I have been praying every night for two years that God will provide a home for her and her mother....with great joy she informed us that God answers prayer....she then asked us can I pray for you ...as she prayed this heartfelt prayer....my Khmer is so limited but I didn't need to know them...you see these were prayers from a righteous child, a faithful child of God...I started crying as she continued to pray out loud with more fervour and passion and knowledge that she was reaching out to our Almighty God on our behalf....and she knew without a doubt with deep Faith .....God answers prayer.

A couple of days ago I put out a blog post with the needs of the community for housing and a farm and the financial needs they entail but today I have a different request.......pray for the community, pray for their needs, please pray without a doubt and with deep Faith in the knowledge that God answers prayer.

God bless

Kevin and Leakhena

No comments:

Post a Comment